Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Request to appear in a video on benefits of HIV testing

Request to appear in a video on benefits of HIV testing

Print
Pages: 1

Gus Cairns
Request to appear in a video on benefits of HIV testing
Posted on: August 11 2010, 04:06 pm

NB Please reply to Ann rather than to me or to this UKCAB board...

Dear all,
A request for an HIV+ superstar or so.
The HINTS study is a large DH-funded study of a number of different pilot projects of expanding HIV testing as standard into various different healthcare environments: GPs surgeries, A&E depts, out-patient depts, etc etc.
Best wishes,
Gus

xxx

Hi Gus

I was wondering if you can help me. We are going to do a short ‘talking heads’ type video for the HINTS study…..with patient and staff stories to encourage patients to test and staff to offer tests. We will show it to trainee doctors, at hospital meetings, on screens in waiting rooms in hospitals and GPs surgeries etc.  We are going to have patients who tested in the HINTS study….negative and positive and we have some of these, but I would also really like to find a patient who is doing really well on treatment after quite a long time.

I was thinking along the lines of someone doing really well at something  - sports or a demanding profession …maybe someone really fit; a successful sportsman, or someone who has run the marathon or a busy lawyer a musician/artist….and has had HIV for a while. Clearly they would need to be ‘out’ about their HIV and willing to speak to camera for a few minutes, ideally in the setting appropriate to what they do. I am not necessarily looking for someone really famous or well known just someone who would present a really positive visual image of what life can be like on ARVs
I was wondering if you knew anyone who may be interested or willing to be involved

Thanks
Ann

Dr Ann Sullivan
Consultant Physician
John Hunter Clinic
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Chelsea SW10 9NH
Telephone 020 88466199
Fax          020 88466188
email        Ann.Sullivan@Chelwest.nhs.uk

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Request to appear in a video on benefits of HIV testing