Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + TCell Survey : Are you getting enough support from your Local Council?

TCell Survey : Are you getting enough support from your Local Council?

Print
Pages: 1

kevinkelleher
TCell Survey : Are you getting enough support from your Local Council?
Posted on: March 2 2011, 05:38 pm

We are compiling through a Freedom of Information request, data on how London Local Authorities spends it budgets on Supporting People, HIV/AIDS, Carers, Direct Payments and Health. Links and further information are provided on the main webpage http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/

This survey asks how you feel about the level of support you receive or donít from your local authority and welcome your responses. This survey will be open for 8 weeks (25th April 2011)

Thank you.

This survey is available at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/82NLZPJ
Steve Craftman
Re: TCell Survey : Are you getting enough support from your Local Council?
Reply #1 on: March 2 2011, 05:53 pm

It's a shame you're only asking about London authorities - the situation in Powys is dire: although my social worker is a very nice person, I see her very rarely, and the Council itself outsources funding requests to charities rather than pay for respite care or whatever...

Steve
kevinkelleher
Reply #2 on: March 2 2011, 06:33 pm

Steve hi,

I am glad you raise this, this survey is open to everyone within in the UK, the analysis advised and prepared is London based, though that doesn't detract from the questions in hand and support that effect us all and which we were trying to guage.

The FOI request could be extended given some 412 UK authroities and without the resources to faciliate this on a bigger and larger scale, we asked if others would address this concern and we would post accordingly. We most welcome the comments and views of anyone on this matter.

It might also be of interest that the form http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/home.cfm?orgid=895 is yet to support an online open forum like that of UKCAB and SHIVAG, which I suggest would be most welcomed.

Please do contribute, it was discussed earlier to submit region location within the question form and as the survey is open to all within the UK, there was no need to seek or collect this information.
Steve Craftman
Reply #3 on: March 3 2011, 12:33 am

Diolch yn fawr iawn for the link - I was completely unaware of it despite having been a member of PALS email group before THT took PALS over and closed it down, and despite being a member of the yahoo group hivcymruwales.

cheers 

Steve
Paul Clift
Reply #4 on: March 3 2011, 10:45 am

Thanks, Kevin. The survey form looks quick, simple and easy to fill in (a huge plus!) and I hope that plenty of people take a couple of minutes to do it. I'd like to publicise it further within the clinic where I'm patients rep (King's College Hospital) - is it okay for me (and other clinic-based reps/advocates) to do that?

kevinkelleher
Reply #5 on: March 3 2011, 11:05 am

Paul, that would be great.
If anyone else would like to re-distrubite within their network, please do.
Ben Cromarty
Reply #6 on: March 4 2011, 06:58 pm

Hi, Kevin...

...this looks really interesting and useful. I'd like to find out from my local authority how they spend their HIV money - we at NYAA (North Yorkshire AIDS Action) feel as if we do the lion's share of the work, but get very little financial support, so where does the money go? I'd really appreciate your advice - and maybe a copy of your FoI request so I can use it as a template - on how to get at this info...I'm politically illiterate and wouldn't know what to request from whom!
kevinkelleher
Reply #7 on: March 4 2011, 07:13 pm

Ben hi,

Just ask your local authroity for it budget and spend collectively, which support people affective and living with HIV/AIDS, this income maybe from HM Government AIDS support grant, PCT, supporting people or other income.

A list of London FOI responses are posted at http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/forums/projected-asg-spend-and-budget-20102011-and-asg-foi-request-201011

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + TCell Survey : Are you getting enough support from your Local Council?