Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV testing survey for African migrants in the UK

HIV testing survey for African migrants in the UK

Print
Pages: 1

UK CAB Moderator
Global Moderator
HIV testing survey for African migrants in the UK
Posted on: May 29 2012, 11:07 am

Via AHPN: Improving access to HIV testing is a vital objective for all of our work. Making testing available and accessible, in new environments, is an important part of this. To ensure that new models of delivering HIV testing are meeting the needs of African communities, AHPN is supporting a new research study into the preferences of African migrants on HIV testing. Please see below an email from the researcher, and please do share the survey through your networks .

I am student currently undertaking a research project at the University of Leeds to complete my intercalated degree in International Health. The title of the project is, "The preferences and perceptions of African migrants on HIV testing interventions in England."
Objectives:
       To determine the most preferred HIV testing intervention (clinical versus community) among a sample of African migrants.
       To explore the reasons behind these preferences in HIV testing.
       To explore views on current HIV testing interventions for African migrants living in the UK.
       To understand how appropriate these services are from the user perspective to assess the HIV testing needs of the demographic.

To achieve these objectives, I have designed a short online survey with the support of the African Health Policy Network (AHPN) using SurveyMonkey. Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P23Y2GZ

This 10-question survey has a variety of questions and should take participants about 15 minutes to complete. I would be most grateful for you to send out the survey to your networks of African people living in the UK that are over the age of 18. I intend to run the survey over the next two weeks. Following this,  I will conduct a series of semi-structured interviews and if any of the participants are willing to take part in these, I have included an email for them to contact me on at the end of the survey. The results of this study will be compiled into a 5000-word report which will be submitted as my final dissertation. I will be producing a shorter version of my findings for the AHPN and if you are interested in receiving this information, I can arrange for this. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact me at: hivtestingresearch@gmail.com

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Thelma

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV testing survey for African migrants in the UK