Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)

BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)

Print
Pages: 1

Gus Cairns
BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)
Posted on: October 9 2012, 12:47 pm

Dear all,

Next Tuesday, 16 October, there will be a community feedback meeting on the new BHIVA clinical standards. I apologise for the short notice but this will be a last opportunity to provide feedback on what we hope to be a very influential document intended to preserve the UK's high level of HIV medical care over the next few years, and during a period of profound change in the NHS.

For the Standards, see http://www.bhiva.org/standards-of-care-2012.aspx.

Please note that the deadline for community feedback on this web page has now been extended to this Friday, 9 October.

The Standards have generated a lot of feedback already but it was felt after discussion that it's good practice for BHIVA to be able to demonstrate that the community was consulted and there was transparency of process; not all community members with opinions may wish to read through the entire document and comment on the online consultation page.

The meeting will be on Tuesday a week today, 16 October:
10am to 12 noon
NCVO, National Council for Voluntary Organisations, Society Building
8 All Saints Street
London
N1 9RL

See https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=NCVO,+National+Council+for+Voluntary+OrganisationsSociety+Building8+All+Saints+StreetLondonN1+9RL&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Could I ask you to publicise the meeting on your website and through your organisational contacts?

Please RSVP/ask people to RSVP to me at the address below, but an RSVP is not necessary for attendance, it just gives us an idea of numbers.

I have written a summary of the main issues in the Standards (or my view of the main issues - I may have missed things) and we'll provide a link to this when we stick up notice of the meeting on Aidsmap (which will happen today or tomorrow).

Best wishes,

Gus Cairns
Editor, HIV Treatment Update
Editor, Preventing HIV
NAM
gus@nam.org.uk
77a Tradescant Road, London, SW8 1XJ
+44 (0) 20-3242 0831 (direct line)
+44 (0) 20-3242 0820 (switchboard)
www.aidsmap.com
Gus Cairns
Re: BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)
Reply #1 on: October 10 2012, 02:23 pm

Dear all,
The deadline for community consultation should have been Friday 12th October of course, not Friday 9th.
I have written a 1500-word summary of the Standards which you can access on Aidsmap at:
http://www.aidsmap.com/v634854785511600000/file/1053196/HTU_213_bhiva_clinical_care_standards.pdf .
A reminder to RSVP me if you are coming to the meeting.
Best wishes,
Gus
Gus Cairns
Re: BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)
Reply #2 on: October 17 2012, 11:49 am

Great meeting, everyone. Thanks to those who attended and some sections are already being revised in the light of our (and other) feedback.
G

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + BHIVA clinical standards community feedback meeting (short notice)