Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review

Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review

Print
Pages: 1

UK CAB Moderator
Global Moderator
Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review
Posted on: April 8 2013, 10:24 am
Last edit: April 8 2013, 10:41 am

FYI - we have been invited to go to a consultation with the Labour Shadow Health Secretary, see below for more details. I will not be attending but would like  to know if one or two other members would like to go? If you are interested please let me know as soon as you can as I will have to book your place as they are limited and on a first come first served basis.

----------------
Dear Colleague,

Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review: whole person care roundtable – with Rt Hon Andy Burnham MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Liz Kendall MP, Shadow Minister for Care and Older People

I am writing to invite you to a high-level discussion as an input into Labour’s Health and Care Policy Review at 3pm on Wed 24th April 2013 at NCVO, Society Building, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL. The discussion will conclude no later than 5pm. National Voices has offered to host this meeting.

The Labour Party is undertaking a review of its health and care policy. In advance of the next general election Andy Burnham MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Health, and Liz Kendall MP, Shadow Minister for Care and Older People, are consulting with key stakeholders on their vision of a fully integrated health and social care service, 'whole person care', which was outlined at the launch of the health and care policy review in January.

You might find it useful to have a look at Andy Burnham’s speech <http://www.labour.org.uk/andy-burnhams-speech-to-the-kings-fund-whole-person-care,2013-01-24>  at the launch of the policy review.

This event will be an opportunity to hear first-hand from the Shadow Health Secretary and Shadow Minister for Care and Older People, to discuss it with them and to offer your views.

I do hope that you will be able to join us for what I am sure will be a very interesting event. Places are limited and I would be grateful if you could let me know whether you will be attending the event or not, by emailing pia.charles@nationalvoices.org.uk <mailto:pia.charles@nationalvoices.org.uk> . If you are unable to attend please do pass this invitation onto another senior representative from your organisation.

If you have any questions about the event, please call 0203 176 0738.

Best regards,

Jeremy Taylor
Chief Executive,  National Voices
adebisialimi
Re: Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review
Reply #1 on: April 11 2013, 08:36 am

I will like to attend if you still have a space available
Thanks
Bisi

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Invitation: Labour party health and care policy review