Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV CURE SURVEY

HIV CURE SURVEY

Print
Pages: 1

Juliet Bosa
HIV CURE SURVEY
Posted on: June 24 2014, 10:11 am

Could you  please  participate in this survey.
The link to the survey is:  http://snapsurvey.phe.org.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=140209446073

Paul Clift
Re: HIV CURE SURVEY
Reply #1 on: June 24 2014, 02:19 pm

Many thanks, this is an interesting survey. Do we know who is behind it, and do we know what they intend to do with the data from it?

Paul.
Simon Collins
Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: June 25 2014, 08:18 am

Hi Paul

This is part of the Cherub research group (sorry about the name). They have been running for a couple of years and are doing very exciting cure-related work. I am on the steering committee and Damian is the community rep for individual studies. The survey had quite a lot of community input. These results are being used to inform researchers about the range of acceptable risks from a hopefully diverse group of potential study participants.

I think the survey is well designed and could produce interesting results - it is quick to fill in and there is a 50 voucher draw at the end.

Thanks to Juliet for posting this.

petergeubels
Reply #3 on: June 26 2014, 04:19 pm

I gave up on it when I found a mistake in the scale on question A7 ...
Simon Collins
Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: June 26 2014, 07:53 pm

It's shame you gave up rather than continue and then add this as a comment at the end.

I see the typo though and I will pass on your comment so it can be fixed. I also made a couple of late suggestions when I filled it in, which were clarified the next day.

The CAB is one of the first groups that this has been sent to, so if anyone else notices anything similar, please let me know.
petergeubels
Reply #5 on: June 27 2014, 09:14 am

Simon,
It's not exactly a typo - the scales are all wrong which totally invalidates the data. I abandoned it so that I could do it when this would be fixed so that I could contribute to a valid piece of research. I tried again just now but the scales are still wrong. As soon as it is fixed I will be more than happy to fill in the questionnaire again and promote it to other people.

Best,

Peter.
Roy Trevelion
BHIVA Reps
Reply #6 on: June 30 2014, 07:15 am

Dear Peter and Simon,

I found it useful to fill out this questionnaire. As an individual it helped focus my mind on what I'd want for the outcome. And it also made me think about under what circumstances (side effects) I'd take part in a trial myself. The survey has given me a more focused point of view, whatever I may think about the scales.

Best wishes,
Roy
Simon Collins
Global Moderator
Reply #7 on: July 1 2014, 06:07 am

Hi Peter - if you would like to contact Julie Fox directly, she would also be happy to hear from you on this:
Julie Fox <julie.fox@kcl.ac.uk>

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV CURE SURVEY