Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Dangerous trend to be wary of

Dangerous trend to be wary of

Print
Pages: 1

John Holland
Dangerous trend to be wary of
Posted on: August 11 2014, 08:52 am

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/10/police-right-to-see-medical-records

In view of the criminalisation of people living with HIV and AIDs by the police and CPS I think this is most alarming news.  I suggest it is worth writing to your MP to point out the possible consequences of this.

It is not that long since the police trawled through the records of gay members' clubs for the purposes of hounding members.
Lee Forster-Kirkham
Re: Dangerous trend to be wary of
Reply #1 on: August 11 2014, 08:57 am

It might help if you offer a draft letter to MPs to ensure that all approaches are 'on message' ...
John Holland
Re: Dangerous trend to be wary of
Reply #2 on: August 11 2014, 10:22 am

I rather think individual letters carry more weight. MPs very quickly identify mass produced circulars and they ignore them.

If anyone feels unable to construct a suitable letter I should be more than willing to help.  However the message is quite simple.  Such facilities can and will be abused and pwlha are a group against whom past powers have been used and abused.

It is worth pointing out that, for example, GU records are held under entirely different rules to HIV and both are held under different rules to normal medical records.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Dangerous trend to be wary of