Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV

Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV

Print
Pages: 1

Mark Platt
Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV
Posted on: September 9 2014, 09:26 am

Public Health England (PHE) has today launched a new guide to the commissioning of sexual health, reproductive health, and HIV services.

The goal of ‘Making it work: a guide to whole system commissioning for sexual health, reproductive health and HIV’ is to help commissioners ensure that service users experience integrated, responsive services that deliver the best outcomes.

Commissioning responsibilities for sexual health, reproductive health and HIV have undergone major changes with the health and social care reforms. Now located across NHS England, Local Authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), the transition presents commissioners with opportunities as well as challenges.

PHE has produced this guide to support all those commissioning sexual health, reproductive health and HIV services in the new environment. Designed to complement existing guidance, this guide focuses on pulling the whole system together to make sense for the patient and to deliver best outcomes.

See here for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/commissioners-must-collaborate-cooperate-and-coordinate-to-make-it-work-says-new-guide
Roy Trevelion
BHIVA Reps
Re: Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV
Reply #1 on: September 14 2014, 01:42 pm

Thanks for this Mark. It's looks very interesting. Do you know if there are hard copies available? I'm finding it too difficult to digest on screen.

Thanks again,
Roy
Mark Platt
Re: Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV
Reply #2 on: September 14 2014, 06:26 pm

Hi Roy,

If there are it should say so on the website, but if they are available I'm guessing that they will be priced, as govt preferred approach is to have the recipient cover the cost of printing documents. Just a thought, but perhaps one of the statutory organisations in UKCAB membership might be able to offer you a printed version...

Best wishes,

Mark
Roy Trevelion
BHIVA Reps
Reply #3 on: September 15 2014, 06:43 am

Hi Mark,

There was no indication on the site that this was available in printed form - although there is a contact phone number. I'll call them later, but I may have to rely on the kindness of fellow advocates !

Best wishes,
Roy

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Public Health England launches new guide to commissioning sexual health & HIV