Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Public Speaking Workshop with Winnie Sseruma - Taking Part Project

Public Speaking Workshop with Winnie Sseruma - Taking Part Project

Print
Pages: 1

Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Public Speaking Workshop with Winnie Sseruma - Taking Part Project
Posted on: September 12 2014, 12:59 pm

Dear friends,

The next Taking Part workshop will focus on Public Speaking. I know many of us cringe at the idea of standing up in front of a group of people and making a presentation. However it is a central skill if we want to influence change and improve the quality of life of people living with HIV.

The workshop is open to all people living with HIV in London and will take place on Tuesday 23rd September at Positively UK, from 5:30 to 8. Positively UK is located in 345 City Road, London EC1V 1 LR. Closest tube station Angel.

Winnie Sseruma will facilitate the session:

Winnie was born in the UK, brought up in Uganda and studied Sociology in the US. She has worked for a number of organisations in the UK including Positive East, HIV i-base, Partners in Evaluation and more recently Christian Aid. Winnie initiated FFENA, a network that enables African people living with HIV in the UK to engage on issues at policy level. Winnie has spoken at the UN in New York, continues to speak out in the media and to write articles in various publications about the on-going challenges for people living with HIV. She has been living with HIV for 25 years.

You can see Winnie in action as a public speaker in this TED Talk:

http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/TEDxEuston-Winnie-Ssanyu-Sserum

The Taking Part workshops are open to all people living with HIV who have an interest in activism and advocacy. We meet montly to devlop skills and share ideas and experiences  in order to develop a community based advocacy agenda. For more information check Positively UK website: http://positivelyuk.org/taking-part/

Places are limited so please confirm your attendance with me spetretti@positivelyuk.org

Warm Regards,

Silvia  Cool heart
Febby Chisha
Re: Public Speaking Workshop with Winnie Sseruma - Taking Part Project
Reply #1 on: September 12 2014, 04:37 pm

hello syvia
 where about is tube station Angel?
Virginia Cucchi
Steering group
Reply #2 on: September 13 2014, 09:30 am

Hi Silvia,
I will attend
Best wishes
Virginia
Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Reply #3 on: September 15 2014, 10:31 am

Hi Febby Angel is on the northern line.

Greta to hear you are comeing Virginia.. Thanks for the reply.

Silvia
Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Reply #4 on: September 22 2014, 02:00 pm

Few places are still available for tomorrow's workshop. Please let me know if you are coming.

Best Regards,

Silvia
Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Reply #5 on: October 2 2014, 04:32 pm

If you are interested to see how the workshop went, please see my blog:

]http://hivpolicyspeakup.wordpress.com/2014/10/02/public-speaking-for-hiv-advocacy/[url]
[/url]

Silvia  heart

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Public Speaking Workshop with Winnie Sseruma - Taking Part Project