Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Taking Part - advocacy group

Taking Part - advocacy group

Print
Pages: 1

Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Taking Part - advocacy group
Posted on: January 16 2015, 03:44 pm

Dear UKCAB members,

Happy new year!

We are having the first Taking Part meeting of 2015  on the last Tuesday of January as usual .

The meeting will be an opportunity to plan the year ahead  and look at how we want to continue expanding our skills as well as taking the advocacy objectives identified last year forward. 

During our last advocacy meeting two main goals were identified:

1)   Ensuring that peer support is available to all who live with HIV in the UK
2)   Eliminate stigma: so that people living with HIV can have healthy lives and be treated with respect and love

Some members of Taking Part were also instrumental in producing the We Are Positive film  which can be an important tool in our anti stigma campaign . During the meeting we will watch the film and have a discussion on how we can take the #WeArePositive  campaign forward in 2015.

Date 27th January
Time : 5:30 to 8
Where: Positively UK 345 City Road London EC1V, 1LR

I really hope to see many of you at the meeting.  Please confirm your attendance. Spetretti@positivelyuk.org

Taking Part is a program supported by Positively UK, that aims to skill up people living with HIV to influence health and social care decision making . The project is open to people living with HIV in London who want to get involved, or are already involved, in health and social care policy.

http://positivelyuk.org/taking-part/

Warm Regards,
Virginia Cucchi
Steering group
Re: Taking Part - advocacy group
Reply #1 on: January 22 2015, 12:30 am

Dear Silvia,
I hope you start very well 2015.
I will attend next Tuesday.
We formed a Committee in Forum Link to create an "outreach peer support service".We think we can do an online version to reach isolated people in UK or abroad.
Looking forward to seeing you
Best wishes
Virginia
Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Reply #2 on: January 26 2015, 03:27 pm

Thanks for letting me know Virginia.

CHANGE OF TIME:

The group will be from 6 to 8:30

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Silvia Petretti
Virginia Cucchi
Steering group
Reply #3 on: January 27 2015, 01:34 pm

Hi Silvia,
See you at 6pm, not problem.
Virginia

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Taking Part - advocacy group