Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV is ordinary and diabetes new: Remaking suffering in a South African Township

HIV is ordinary and diabetes new: Remaking suffering in a South African Township

Print
Pages: 1

George Rodgers
HIV is ordinary and diabetes new: Remaking suffering in a South African Township
Posted on: February 9 2015, 08:40 pm
Last edit: February 12 2015, 08:48 pm

This is an article about HIV and diabetes. Itís about how diabetes is affecting people who have HIV and the fact that diabetes is having a bigger impact on peoples lives than HIV.

Itís strange that I was sent a copy of this two days after I had approached the Africa Advocacy Foundation in Catford to promote the H.A.D. Support Group.

And the lady presenting the group (sorry for forgetting your name) mentioned the fact that diabetes is becoming a major concern and that she has friends who are HIV and finding being diabetic a nightmare.

Iíve been asked by the Africa Advocacy Foundation if I would be willing to go and give a talk about being HIV and diabetic sometime in the future which Iíve said yes to.

What concerns me the most is the fact that certain people wonít take the issue more seriously, that antivirals could be triggering of diabetes type II.

Just because they havenít heard of it happening itís doesnít mean that itís not and believe me if diabetes isnít handled properly and Iím not just on about the patient Iím on about those involved in our care then the result negligence/ignorance could be deadly.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + HIV is ordinary and diabetes new: Remaking suffering in a South African Township