Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + THT's Work Positive Programme open for applications

THT's Work Positive Programme open for applications

Print
Pages: 1

UK CAB Moderator
Global Moderator
THT's Work Positive Programme open for applications
Posted on: July 28 2015, 12:13 pm

Posted on behalf of THT:
------
Work Positive 2015/16 is open for applications again, until August 17th 2015.
Work Positive does not push people into paid employment until they are ready, it does successfully support people to build skills in the work place, build confidence in themselves, meet new people, address barriers to work and set employment goals. The aim is that they are ‘work-ready’ for when the time comes.

At Work Positive we understand that everyone’s work journey is different, and we work together on a one-to-one and group basis to develop employment goals – whether its to go back into adult education, volunteer, work part time or full time.

I’ve outlined a bit of information below about the project, and it would be great it you could circulate via the online message boards or any newsletters that you have? I can also send you some posters and flyers if that would be helpful.

A bit about the project
Work Positive offers up to six months part time voluntary work experience at THT, or at one of our partners (past partners include Foodchain, HealthWatchCamden and NAZ project) giving people up to date references and recent work experience.

To support each person on their work experience, they will also be matched with a volunteer employment mentor and professional coach who will support them with overcoming employment barriers and setting goals.

Finally there will a wide variety of training workshops including Building Confidence, Building Relationships, Disclosure at Work, CV and Interview Skills as well as Peer Support Sessions looking at key skills and challenges in the work place.

If you have any clients looking to develop or renew skills for the workplace, meet new people, develop confidence and overcome personal barriers to work, please do pass on the details. They can get in touch to discuss whether the programme its right for them.

Spreading the word
I have attached the PDF version of the Flyers and poster – I think the quotes are really good, the second page of the poster gives some of the outcomes from last year. We had great success last year with 13 people securing paid employment (2 more since the poster was printed) and the majority of the group reporting an increase in confidence and skills. Participants who never have believed they could work are now in rewarding and supported employment.

Applications are open until August 17th, after which there will be a one-to-one interview with the programme coordinator. Induction and Training start at the end of August.

Please feel free to contact me on 0207 812 1804, or email workpositive@tht.org.uk to chat about the programme, or for further information go to www.tht.org.uk/workpositive

Is there anything else you need or would like to know about the project?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Ruth Burns
Work Positive Programme Coordinator
Terrence Higgins Trust, 314 - 320 Gray's Inn Road, London, WC1X 8DP
www.tht.org.uk/workpositive
Direct line:  0207 812 1804        Mobile: 07436 109075
Email: ruth.burns@tht.org.uk

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + THT's Work Positive Programme open for applications