Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Trustee recruitment for Terrence Higgins Trust

Trustee recruitment for Terrence Higgins Trust

Print
Pages: 1

Ant Babajee
Trustee recruitment for Terrence Higgins Trust
Posted on: August 25 2015, 12:50 pm

You might know that as well as being a UK-CAB member and a volunteer with various HIV initiatives, since November 2013, I have been a trustee at Terrence Higgins Trust.

This year, Terrence Higgins Trust has opportunities for three elected trustees. Our trustees are responsible for developing strategy, providing governance and directing the charity towards achieving its mission.

We're looking for people with personal knowledge or experience of living with HIV and who have knowledge, skills or experience of at least one of the following at a senior level:

Essential:

• Digital technology
  • Enterprise and business development
  • Health promotion / social marketing
  • Legal
  • People management skills

Desirable:

• Campaigning
  • Commissioning services
  • Experience of engagement with black African communities
  • Experience of engagement with LGBT communities
  • Fundraising
  • Local authority / health / central government experience
  • PR / communications
  • Property
  • Service user / beneficiary of the organisation
  • Voluntary sector experience

How do I apply?

To apply, please download our information pack from: tht.org.uk/newtrustees or email: recruitment@tht.org.uk

You must also be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to our values and aims, and be able to contribute approximately 10 hours per month as a volunteer. In addition, we ask that all trustee applicants sign up for free membership of Terrence Higgins Trust.

If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you. When you are ready, please email your completed application, together with a copy of your CV to: recruitment@tht.org.uk

Timeline

• The closing date for completed applications is: 12 noon on Monday 7 September 2015.
  • We'll let you know if you have been selected for interview by Friday 25 September 2015.
  • Interviews will take place on Saturday 3 October 2015.

Further information

If you need any further information then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Chief Executive's office on: 020 7812 1850 or email: recruitment@tht.org.uk

Equality of opportunity

We are committed to equal opportunities and we particularly welcome applications from people living with or directly affected by HIV. We would particularly welcome applications from people representing the key populations most affected by HIV in the UK:

• Black and minority ethnic communities
  • LGBT communities

I'm happy to chat to any other UK-CAB members who have any questions - please drop me a private message.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Trustee recruitment for Terrence Higgins Trust