Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + London: free Film Screening: 'Call me Kuchu'

London: free Film Screening: 'Call me Kuchu'

Print
Pages: 1

Paul Clift
London: free Film Screening: 'Call me Kuchu'
Posted on: January 5 2016, 11:45 am

The London School of Tropical Medicine is hosting a free showing of the film Call Me Kuchu, about LGBT Uganda. Details of the film and how to book are below:

Date: Tuesday 12 January 2016
Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Venue: John Snow Lecture Theatre, LSHTM, Keppel Street, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Type of event: Film

“Call me Kuchu”

In Uganda, a new “Anti-Homosexuality Bill” proposes death for gay men living with HIV, and prison for anyone who fails to turn in a known homosexual. David Kato, Uganda’s first openly gay man, is one of the few who dare to publicly protest state-sanctioned homophobia. Working with his fellow activists, David fights the government and the tabloids in the courts, on television, and at the United Nations.

Because, he insists, “if we keep on hiding, they will say we’re not here.” But no one is prepared for the brutal murder that shakes their movement to its core and sends shock waves around the world.

Followed by Q&A discussion

Link here http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/events/2016/01/film-screening-call-me-kuchu

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + London: free Film Screening: 'Call me Kuchu'