Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Integrated health-services: What is UK-CAB doing around these issues?

Integrated health-services: What is UK-CAB doing around these issues?

Print
Pages: 1

Rupert Whitaker
Integrated health-services: What is UK-CAB doing around these issues?
Posted on: March 4 2016, 12:01 pm

An article from the Guardian touching on some of the issues around a "joined-up" NHS: http://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/2016/feb/05/patients-long-term-conditions-need-joined-up-nhs?

I'm wondering what UK-CAB is doing around these sorts of issues?
Rupert Whitaker
Re: Integrated health-services: What is UK-CAB doing around these issues?
Reply #1 on: March 4 2016, 12:02 pm

Ditto: http://www.theguardian.com/healthcare-network/2016/jan/19/nhs-harness-power-staff-patients?
Forum Link
Reply #2 on: March 4 2016, 12:38 pm

Hi Rupert,

I don't think the UK CAB are doing very much about this issue as a group at the moment.

It is an area of interest to me, I have asked a few questions on the message boards but not in any structured or formal way.

I am involved in a project called the 'Care Information Exchange' (CIE) which covers all of North West London. Not too dissimilar the 'Care City Health and Care Test Bed' referenced in the Guardian article (once removed).

The CIE aims to bring together all of the Hospitals, GP's and Social Care providers across North West London. With the emphasis on the patients controlling access for the providers to one combined medical and social care record. This project will allow the patient to filter the record for privacy so, for example some people may not want their HIV blood test results being seen by their GP.

I know that National Voices is taking this topic on. I also know that there are some strong voices from the UK CAB membership working with National Voices on long term conditions and integrated care including Positively UK and Forum Link.

I am happy to discuss this and other integration projects I am aware of in more detail if you want to meet up or give me a ring.

Kind Regards,

Paul.
Rupert Whitaker
Reply #3 on: March 4 2016, 01:09 pm

Thanks, Paul
that sounds interesting and I'm keen to learn about what is being done. I would also like UK-CAB to get involved in these sorts of issues because they can determine whether the medications, if delivered, are actually effective in getting us well and keeping us well. Perhaps we can discuss how that might be done. I'm not sure how to contact you but my work mobile is 07949 464 806.
Thanks,
Rupert

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Integrated health-services: What is UK-CAB doing around these issues?