Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Research workshops: women, ageing and HIV

Research workshops: women, ageing and HIV

Print
Pages: 1

Jacqui Stevenson
Research workshops: women, ageing and HIV
Posted on: April 12 2016, 09:38 pm

As part of a study looking at what it is like to be an older woman living with HIV in London, there will be two workshops, at:

Food Chain, on Thursday 21st April at 3pm, Acorn House, 314-320 Gray's Inn Road, London
WC1X 8DP - See more at: http://www.foodchain.org.uk/contact-us/#sthash.1rUYHAWQ.dpuf
Naz Project London, on Friday 6th May at 2pm, Naz Project London 30 Blacks Road London W6 9DT See more at: http://naz.org.uk/contact-us/

Each workshop will last for two hours, and expenses will be paid. You should only attend one.

The workshop is part of a study looking at how women living with HIV think about ageing, what needs and challenges they might face, and how they adapt to and meet these new needs.

The workshop will be led by Jacqui Stevenson, a PhD student at the University of Greenwich in the department of Family Care and Mental Health. The research is being carried out within this department under supervision, and has been reviewed and approved by the University Research Ethics Committee.

If you are a woman living with HIV, aged over 50 and would like to take part, please contact Jacqui at j.k.stevenson@greenwich.ac.uk or call 07493320389 to find out more. If I am unable to take your call please leave a message with your name and number and I will get back to you.

You are welcome to get in touch if you have any questions too. Whether you decide to take part is entirely up to you, and your details will be kept confidential.
Veritee Reed Hall
Re: Research workshops: women, ageing and HIV
Reply #1 on: April 13 2016, 07:49 am

I so would like to attend, I am 63, female and live with HIV and have age related conditions.

But most of these things take place in London, I understand why. But sad that it just too far for me to come to living in Cornwall, and to expensive - travel and accommodation in London -  for someone now on a state pension. I know it is hard for any woman living with HIV and especially older women. And living in a city like London will have its specific issues, but also, I feel its advantages.

Living in a rural area also has many issues and we get very little support of any kind.
Jacqui Stevenson
Reply #2 on: April 13 2016, 03:30 pm

Thanks for your reply Veritee. I absolutely agree it would be great to bring the research outside London - there is a huge gap in research that includes rural experiences especially. I don't have the funding in this project to support it though, but hopefully as the project progresses it might become possible in future!
john@tcell.org.uk
Reply #3 on: April 13 2016, 05:58 pm

It would be really helpful if all of the information people might need regarding this, or other projects, is available on one web page that people can then reference easily & share via Twitter and other social networks.  Personally I am not happy to tweet out pages from UKCAB even the public area as some might be contributing without fully realising its a public post.  This is a really great and much needed project part of the research that needs to be encouraged regarding Ageing with HIV.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Research workshops: women, ageing and HIV