Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign

Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign

Print
Pages: 1

African Eye Trust Editor
Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign
Posted on: May 12 2016, 10:54 pm

Dear  UKCAB Member,

The day is finally here, we’re delighted to tell you that today sees the launch of the I’m Worth… campaign.  We would like to say a big ‘thank you’ for your support in the run-up to the launch and do hope that you will continue your involvement with the I’m Worth… campaign as we enter this new and exciting phase.
Today’s launch reminds people with hepatitis C that they are worth and entitled to the best care, Together with your support we hope we can empower people, helping them understand that it doesn’t matter how they may have gotten hepatitis C; no one deserves to live with a potentially life threatening disease; everyone is worth the chance of becoming hepatitis C free.
The website is now live at www.imworth.co.uk

The I’m Worth... campaign is non-promotional and does not mention or endorse any specific medicine.

Ways to support the I’m Worth… campaign
There are lots of things that you can do to spread the word of the I’m Worth… campaign to help people with hepatitis C recognise that they are worth the best care, and to support friends, family or colleagues.

1.       Get sharing

Post about the campaign on Twitter and Facebook
·         Use the official campaign hashtag #ImWorth to tag your posts about the campaign

·         Make sure your tweets reach the right people by including one of the hashtags, #HepC or #ImWorth

·         Include a link to the campaign website, imworth.co.uk where people can find out more

Example post: I’m supporting the #ImWorth campaign to help raise the voice of people living with #HepC! Find out more by visiting imworth.co.uk

Please note, the I’m Worth….. campaign is non-promotional and we ask you not to promote or mention any specific medicines

Sign up to the social media thunderclap campaign and get the word out to your friends and followers to do the same:
thndr.me/QTTqkk
Thunderclap is a tool that lets a message be heard when you and your friends say it together. Join the I’m Worth… Thunderclap, and you and others will share an important campaign message at the same time through your social media channels.

2.       Get supporting

Show support on your website or support group forums
You could write a news piece or article on your website/blog/newsletter to raise awareness of the I’m Worth… campaign.
Consider including some of the campaign messages:
·         It doesn’t matter how a person got hepatitis C; no one deserves to live with a potentially life threatening disease

·         Everyone is worth the chance of becoming hepatitis C free

·         Recent advances in medicines for hepatitis C that work better, have shorter treatment times and are easier on the body are now available on the NHS

·         If you have hepatitis C, don’t ignore it; speak to your doctor to find out what treatment and care options are right for you.

3.       Get talking

Spread via word of mouth or media
One of the best ways of spreading the word about the I’m Worth… campaign is to talk about it. Don’t forget to speak to people in your network about the campaign, mention it at any events you are attending or any media interviews you may be taking part in.

4.       Get mailing

Distribute the campaign leaflet through your support networks and groups. Please get in touch if you would like to order print copies of this resource.

Thank you in advance for your support of the I’m Worth… campaign.

Best wishes,
The I’m Worth… campaign team

The campaign toolkit should provide you relevant materials to support you with these activities.  Should you have any questions, or want further information, about the campaign, please do not hesitate to contact Health Unlimited.

Health Unlimited
gileadpruk@crestonhealth.co.uk
T: 020 8392 8040

The I’m Worth... campaign is supported by numerous patient groups with an interest in hepatitis C in the UK. The campaign is sponsored and developed by Gilead Sciences, a science-based pharmaceutical company.

Kathleen Charters
Re: Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign
Reply #1 on: May 15 2016, 08:46 am

hello,

Great campaign really interactive and meaningful.

Hope the Thurderclap causes a storm!

Kathleen
Ben Cromarty
Re: Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign
Reply #2 on: May 17 2016, 09:14 am

The website looks good and has useful information...but is there an irony in the fact that it is funded and supported by Gilead?

I'm such a cynic...

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Launch of the I’m Worth… hepatitis C patient empowerment campaign