Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Practice guidance on supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention

Practice guidance on supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention

Print
Pages: 1

emilyhamblin
Practice guidance on supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention
Posted on: May 18 2016, 01:17 pm

Hi all,

I work at the National Children's Bureau on our children's health programme, which includes the Children and Young People HIV Network. I'd like to share this new document we've recently produced, which I hope will be of interest. I'm grateful for any help sharing with others who may find it useful.

Practice guidance: supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention – National Children’s Bureau (NCB)
This practice guidance aims to enhance professionals’ confidence at recognising and responding to potential risk of HIV infection for children and young people. The document is particularly intended for practitioners working outside health settings. It covers identification of a child or young person’s need for HIV testing; referral for testing; support throughout the process; support following a positive HIV diagnosis; ongoing management of risk for all young people; and addressing the impact of stigma.

Thanks and best wishes

Emily
Jo Josh
Steering group
Re: Practice guidance on supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention
Reply #1 on: May 18 2016, 08:03 pm

Hi Emily,
Your practice guidance document is an excellent source of information - I will share it wherever relevant.  I am at Body and Soul tomorrow evening with Teen Spirit, the young peoples group, with whom it may perhaps be possible to contribute case examples, as mentioned on page 5.
All the best, Jo

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Practice guidance on supporting young people with HIV testing and prevention