Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Survey on knowledge,feelings about HIV and what stops people from testing

Survey on knowledge,feelings about HIV and what stops people from testing

Print
Pages: 1

UK CAB Moderator
Global Moderator
Survey on knowledge,feelings about HIV and what stops people from testing
Posted on: June 21 2016, 12:24 pm

See survey below:
---------------
Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is Martin Gryszkiewicz. I am doing an Independent Studies Project as part of my MSc in Health Psychology at the University of Derby. This project is about HIV, or rather, what do people actually know about HIV? What are their feelings about HIV? What stops people from getting tested for HIV?

This research is addressed to general British general population (British citizens and people permanently living in the UK).
The rationale for inclusion of the general population along with high risk groups in this research is, that although there seems to be substantial literature on HIV testing, there is a scarcity of research on addressing psychosocial factors associated with voluntary uptake of HIV testing, and individuals’ perception of anonymous rapid testing at point of care testing (POCT) and home rapid testing in the general population. Therefore, identification of psychosocial factors and analysis of perception of POCT in the general population aimed at improving adjustment of health behaviour change interventions are the focus of this study.

The confidentiality and anonymity for partakers in this research is maintained by restricted access to obtained data by myself and my research supervisor only. Each questionnaire will be coded by the participants themselves by creating an ID number which should contain any four letters and the last three digits of their mobile phone number. If at any stage participants decide to withdraw from the study they will be asked to provide the researcher with their unique ID number and their data will be removed from the analysis.

The survey can be completed either on line or by using mobile devices. With your permission I will gain access to the larger sample size which would more precisely reflect knowledge, attitude, and perceptions of HIV.
This study has been approved by the University of Derby. The research supervisor is Dr Ainslea Cross: A.Cross1@derby.ac.uk. Should you have any questions regarding this research you can also contact her.

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with the recruiting of as large a number of participants as possible. I need a minimum of 390, both male and female, aged 18 and over, British citizens or those holding British residency, to make this study viable.

I would like to ask you if you kindly would distribute the hyperlink and QR Code to this survey on your websites. This research aims to include not only the heterosexual population but also those who do not identify themselves with this group.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely,

Martin B Gryszkiewicz

Hyperlink to questionnaire: https://derby.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5aoTxy1aEXzMAPX

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Survey on knowledge,feelings about HIV and what stops people from testing