Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + "HIV Cure" - Sunday Times and other media reports this weekend

"HIV Cure" - Sunday Times and other media reports this weekend

Print
Pages: 1

Jo Josh
Steering group
"HIV Cure" - Sunday Times and other media reports this weekend
Posted on: October 4 2016, 10:41 am

As most of you are probably aware, the report in the Sunday Times and other mainstream media regarding a potential HIV cure are, premature. The attached NAM report gives background.
I did an interview with Sky News on Sunday which was cut to two very brief clips, one re stigma and the other about how I "contracted" HIV (to quote the interviewer's words.) Not the best 60 seconds of airtime I have ever produced, but in briefing the interviewer I did manage to give a context to the story.  He therefore cut some of the original sensationalism, and ended by saying that it would be some "years" before any possible treatment might be available.  You can see the interview at:
 http://news.sky.com/video/hiv-cure-hope-with-new-treatment-10603542
news.sky.com - 19:31, 02 October 2016
HIV cure hope with new treatment

Paul Clift
Re: "HIV Cure" - Sunday Times and other media reports this weekend
Reply #1 on: October 10 2016, 01:43 pm

Thanks for this Jo, much appreciated. There was a lot on Twitter reporting on, and refuting, the ST story.

Paul

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + "HIV Cure" - Sunday Times and other media reports this weekend