Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Research recruitment: women living with HIV, aged over 50 and in London

Research recruitment: women living with HIV, aged over 50 and in London

Print
Pages: 1

Jacqui Stevenson
Research recruitment: women living with HIV, aged over 50 and in London
Posted on: March 10 2017, 03:40 pm

Women growing older with HIV are invited to take part in a life story interview, to share your experiences and thoughts about ageing with HIV.
This is part of a study, led by a PhD student, to explore how women living with HIV think about ageing, what needs and challenges they might face, and how they adapt to and meet these new needs. I am also interested in how belonging to a community and finding social support might help.

What is involved?
If you agree to take part, you will be invited to take part in a two hour interview, during which I will ask you questions about ageing with HIV. You will also be invited to participate in one or two more interviews at a later date. Life story interviews are a special type of interview where the person being interviewed tells their own story, including whatever you think is relevant to share, to describe what ageing means to you. I wont decide what is important, you will and your words will be used directly in the research (although I will change your name and other details that might identify you).

If you take part, we will arrange a convenient time and venue, at the offices of a charity or another convenient venue. The interview will last a maximum of two hours, and will be recorded. You will be able to take breaks as you wish to.
You will be given 20 in cash as a thank you for your time taking part, and an additional 20 to cover travel and other expenses, for each interview you give.

Interested?
Contact me at email: j.k.stevenson@gre.ac.uk or phone: 07391725883 and I will be happy to talk about the research with you and answer your questions.

Please share these details with others who might be interested to take part.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Research recruitment: women living with HIV, aged over 50 and in London