Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease

Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease

Print
Pages: 1

Roger Pebody
Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease
Posted on: March 30 2017, 03:57 pm

This two day course is for people working in health care settings, academic environments, industry and governmental and non-governmental organisations who wish to achieve a basic understanding of, and be able to interpret, cost effectiveness analyses in the context of infectious diseases, with particular focus on HIV. It will be assumed that participants have no prior knowledge of cost effectiveness analysis.
http://onlinestore.ucl.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-population-health-sciences-c09/research-department-of-infection-and-population-health-g16/g16-introduction-to-costeffectiveness-analysis-for-infectious-diseases

It's not mentioned on the web page, but there are two places available at a (somewhat) reduced price for community representatives, at a rate of 300 per person.
Ben Cromarty
Re: Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease
Reply #1 on: March 31 2017, 09:37 am

Hi, Roger...

...this looks extremely interesting (and perhaps increasingly relelvent for HIV...). While i'd love to go, I can't afford the (even reduced) 300 fee, travel and accommodation in London...

I wonder if anyone from UK-CAB SG (or UK-CAB in general...) is able to go...and then input some of the learning from the course into a future UK-CAB meeting...or ask the presenters of the course to come for a future UK-CAB meeting? Andrew Phillips is always interesting and informative...and i think if we are to be successful as treament advocates, we really need to have a good understanding of this whole area of cost-effectiveness.
Roger Pebody
Re: Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease
Reply #2 on: April 1 2017, 08:52 am

Hi Ben

I'm hoping to attend - I could certainly try to do or organise a UK-CAB presentation as you suggest.

Roger
Ben Cromarty
Reply #3 on: April 1 2017, 09:20 am

...thnaks Roger...that would be great!

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Short course: Introduction To Cost-Effectiveness Analysis For Infectious Disease