Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Women Only Recently Diagnosed workshop Saturday 27 Sunday 28 May

Women Only Recently Diagnosed workshop Saturday 27 Sunday 28 May

Print
Pages: 1

Silvia Petretti
Steering group
Women Only Recently Diagnosed workshop Saturday 27 Sunday 28 May
Posted on: May 23 2017, 02:16 pm

Are you a woman who is struggling with an HIV diagnosis?

Would you like a safe space to learn how HIV specifically affects women?

Would you like to meet other women with HIV and learn from each other experiences?

Few places are still available on Positively UK women only recently diagnosed workshop on 27th and Sunday 28th of May, in London.

Take Control, Learn, Connect is a new programme of weekend workshops for people recently diagnosed with HIV. We know that being diagnosed with HIV can be a worrying and confusing time, and so these workshops have been set up to:

• provide the opportunity to connect with other people in a similar position,
  • help you gain a deeper understanding of HIV
  • talk about treatment options
  • discuss living with HIV as part of everyday life
The free workshops will be delivered by staff and volunteer peer mentors from Positively UK who will share their experiences of being diagnosed and living with HIV. Each workshop will be self-contained, taking place over the course of one weekend. By the end of the workshop you’ll have been given the information to start taking control of your HIV; learnt how to get the support you need; and connected with other people living with HIV.
Some things people who attended previous workshops have said:

I’m still amazed by how much my perspective on my diagnosis and future has changed after this weekend. I feel so invigorated.”

“It took me some time to be in a group with people ‘like me’, but after learning from others and sharing I feel much stronger, inspired and looking forward to the future.”

“Before I attended the Recently Diagnosed weekend, I was someone who would suffer in silence. Positively UK has empowered me to take charge of my life. I know what service and treatment I should expect and am really engaging with my health care team.”

The interactive workshops will explore the following:

Finding out and coming to terms with our diagnosis

Telling others you have HIV

How HIV works in the body

pregnancy, contraception and the meopause

Starting and taking medication

Sex and relationships

If you would like to reserve a space please ring 02077130444.

http://positivelyuk.org/tlc/

Kind Regards,

Silvia

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Women Only Recently Diagnosed workshop Saturday 27 Sunday 28 May