Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence seeks new Chairs for its i

National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence seeks new Chairs for its i

Print
Pages: 1

Elijah Amooti
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence seeks new Chairs for its i
Posted on: February 16 2009, 01:25 pm

Hello  UKCAB  Members

It is nice  if  one  of  our  members  can become  a  chair at the  National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence  independent advisory committees on the use of health technologies.
Simon  Collins   at  times  in  involved  in  NICE  programmes.
Let  me  know  what  you  think.
Details  are  in this  email  below.    I  will  not  be  representing  UKCAB  at  BHIVA  when  my  term  expires  iam   sure the  UKCAB steering  group will  hold the  elections  in time  so  that new   members  are  inducted  by  the  current  BHIVA  reps.
Good  week
E

National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence seeks new Chairs for its independent advisory committees on the use of health technologies

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) is looking to recruit candidates with the necessary experience, skills and abilities required to Chair its independent advisory Technology Appraisal Committees.

NICE Appraisal Committees consider and interpret evidence on the clinical and cost effectiveness of health technologies (pharmaceuticals, medical devices, surgical procedures, diagnostic procedures) and formulate recommendations to the Institute on the use of the technology in the National Health Service in England and Wales .

We are looking for senior NHS clinicians who have the experience and commitment to help the Institute take some of the most difficult decisions in public life, and in doing so contribute to improving the quality and consistency of care provided by the NHS.

This opportunity is open to applicants who are medically qualified (registered medical practitioner) and have a current full or part appointment in the National Health Service. 

Appraisal Committee meetings are normally held each month (apart from December) either in central London or central Manchester .  The Chairs receive no direct payment for their work, however their employer will be reimbursed for their time commitment, and the Chair will be reimbursed for all reasonable expenses incurred on Appraisal Committee business. The appointment is available for 3 years in the first instance, with further terms to a maximum of 10 years, by mutual agreement.

INTERVIEW DATE AND LOCATION

Interviews will be held at the NICE London office on 24 April 2009.

To access the Role Description and Information Pack please see click here.

APPLICATIONS

Completed applications should be returned by 27 February 2009 to kim.turner@nice.org.uk in the first instance, or by post to:

Kim Turner

Project Manager

Centre for Health Technology Evaluation

NICE

Mid-City Place

71 High Holborn

London WC1V 6NA   

For further queries please contact Kim Turner, Project Manager on 020 7045 2238.

NICE is committed to the values of equality and diversity

Kim Turner
Project Manager
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
MidCity Place  | 71 High Holborn |  London WC1V 6NA | United Kingdom
Tel: 44 (0)20 7045 2238 | Fax: 44 (0)845 003 7784

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee, you may not disclose, reproduce or distribute this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and delete it from your system. Any personal data sent in reply to this message will be used in accordance with provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and only for the purposes of the Institute's work.

All messages sent by NICE are checked for viruses, but we recommend that you carry out your own checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

http://www.nice.org.uk

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence seeks new Chairs for its i