Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + The bulling must end

The bulling must end

Print
Pages: 1

Sunil Pant
The bulling must end
Posted on: October 10 2017, 10:20 am

Dear UN Agency Officials, UN Independent Experts, and representatives of international organizations:

I am writing this memo to share my experience as the founder of the Blue Diamond Society (BDS), Nepalís largest sexual health and rights organization, and an activist with more than a decade of experience in high-level forums for HIV and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) rights work. Beginning in 2013, BDS came under an official investigation by the Global Fundís Office of the Inspector General. It was a grueling process, not only due to the demands the OIG placed on BDS staff during the investigation, but also in the broader impacts the process had on our work ó including by fanning the flames of rumors of corruption and mismanagement, refusal to share information, and fostering distrust between BDS and its constituents, partners, and donors. The GF OIGís investigation contributed to a deteriorating not only of BDSís relationships, but also our security. I call on international human rights mandate holders to pressure the Global Fund to increase its OIGís transparency and accountability, and bring its practices in line with the human rights commitments the Global Fund has made.
full article" https://medium.com/@sunilbabupant/the-bulling-must-end-3494ce18f84f
Paul Clift
Re: The bulling must end
Reply #1 on: November 8 2017, 12:27 pm

Thank you for posting this, Sunil. How are things at BDS now? Is Blue Diamond back to normal?
Sunil Pant
Re: The bulling must end
Reply #2 on: November 8 2017, 04:08 pm

Thank you Paul,
Blue Diamond is doing fine,
Though, I am based in the UK these days, hope to meet you soon.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + The bulling must end