Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018

Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018

Print
Pages: 1

Angelina Namiba
Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018
Posted on: January 22 2018, 11:14 am

Dear all

In follow-up to the interesting discussion regarding U=U and breastfeeding at our last UKCAB meeting, below please find information and an invitation to the above event.

I would strongly encourage Mentor Mothers and those who work with/support pregnant/women living with HIV to attend.

Breast is best? The dilemma for HIV Positive mothers

Wednesday 31st January 2018 6pm
Lessof Auditorium at Lewisham Hospital
Information and debate about this important subject which should be of interest to doctors, nurses and midwives working in obstetrics, paediatrics and HIV medicine. Speakers will include Dr Hermione Lyall consultant in paediatric infectious disease at St Mary’s Paddington / Imperial.
The meeting is free to attend but please email your details to judith.russell@nhs.net so we can confirm numbers and cater refreshment.

Kind Reagrds
Angelina

Jane Shepherd
Steering group
Re: Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018
Reply #1 on: January 22 2018, 11:33 am

Thanks Angelina, that sounds really interesting and useful.

Is there any way we can get a summary of the meeting and the discussions for women out of London? It would be good to be able to feedback to our networks. I know we have the BHIVA guidance in place (or we will in April) but the dilemma doesn't go away for women who want to breastfeed.

Jane
Angelina Namiba
Re: Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018
Reply #2 on: January 22 2018, 01:02 pm

Dear Jane

Certainly. I will liase with the presenters after the meeting and then provide a summary on here which you can share with your networks. I am also hoping that some UKCAB members will attend so they too can feedback on their perspectives of/after the meeting. I will do my best to try and provide feedback as soon as I can.

Angelina

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Event: Breast is best? Dilemma for mothers living with HIV. 31st January 2018