Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester

Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester

Print
Pages: 1

Alex Sparrowhawk
Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester
Posted on: March 8 2018, 06:10 PM

HIV Prevention England will be hosting an information seminar on PrEP in Greater Manchester.

The event seeks to inform and provide a space for discussion between stakeholders about PrEP. The seminar will cover:
•   the PrEP Impact trial: its current implementation and challenges and how to overcome them
•   how PrEP fits into the overall ‘combination prevention’ picture.
•   the role of clinicians, health and community professionals in ensuring appropriate access to PrEP for those in need

There are a limited number of tickets remaining, registration details below:
Date - Wednesday 14 March 2018
Time - 10am-4pm
Venue - The Landing, MediaCity UK, Salford
Cost - Free
Register - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hiv-pre-exposure-prophylaxis-prep-seminar-in-greater-manchester-tickets-42909524543

Roy Trevelion
BHIVA Reps
Re: Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester
Reply #1 on: March 12 2018, 11:46 AM

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this. Are you able to go? I'd like to hear feedback.

PS: Do you remember the presentations last autumn at the BHIVA conference? How to survive a sexual health tender in Manchester, it's from Orla McQuillan http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Conferences/Autumn2017/Presentations/171116/OrlaMcQuillan.pdf
How does the PrEP Impact trial fit into services if sexual health is split from HIV?

All best wishes,
Roy
Alex Sparrowhawk
Re: Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester
Reply #2 on: March 13 2018, 03:56 PM

I'm actually in London attending the National Voices conference so will miss the PrEP seminar.

I'll see if I can get a response to your question though.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Information seminar on PrEP - Greater Manchester