Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Post-BHIVA UK CAB Edinburgh meeting

Post-BHIVA UK CAB Edinburgh meeting

Print
Pages: 1

Garry Brough
Steering group
Post-BHIVA UK CAB Edinburgh meeting
Posted on: April 24 2018, 08:14 am

Hi All

I wanted to update you on how well last weekend's historical 'on the road' meeting went, being the first UK CAB quarterly meeting to be held outside of London. Having committed last year to pilot at least one meeting a year outside of London, the Steering Group made the decision that the first meeting should follow on from the BHIVA/BASHH Edinburgh Conference, so as to engage with local advocates who perhaps would not have had the chance to attend the conference.

We started the day with a pharmaceutical update from MSD which was followed by a conference overview from the local host Professor Clifford Leen, who provided all the headlines from a clinical perspective. After an excellent lunch, we then had presentations from our own members who had attended the conference on issues relating to treatment as and for prevention, and specifically in relation to the new BHIVA Guidelines on Pregnancy and Sexual & Reproductive Health as well as specific feedback on the 'Talking about U=U to your patients" community workshop which we held at the conference. We rounded things off with a perspective on the newly launched Standards of Care, which are a model of patient involvement.   

I would like to thank Waverley Care for hosting the meeting and to especially welcome the local members who attended from Edinburgh, Glasgow and even Aberdeen - we look forward to having greater involvement from our neighbours in the North and to sharing our respective solutions and strategies in these challenging times for healthcare. 

The switch to a Saturday meeting seemed to be a success and as such our next London meeting in August will also be on a Saturday. We will be taking your feedback and comments to ensure that we deliver sessions whose content and timing fit your needs and look forward to seeing many of you at forthcoming meetings. Needless to say, the Steering Group are now considering options for our next foray outside of the Big Smoke!

The meeting notes will as always be posted to the site here, so keep an eye out for them.

All the best

Garry Brough
UK CAB Chair
Jane Shepherd
Steering group
Re: Post-BHIVA UK CAB Edinburgh meeting
Reply #1 on: April 24 2018, 08:55 am

Thanks Garry

So glad it was a success! Also, it's really useful having a summary of the UK-CAB meeting posted like this on the forum. Its a great prompt to look at the slides and meeting materials and keeps us up-to-date and feeling involved and persuade more members to apply for the next UK-CAB meeting!

Jane
James Stewart
Reply #2 on: April 24 2018, 09:33 am

Are we allowed to go to such things?
Who is and isn't?
I live in Edinburgh and was hoping to attend the conference but heard nothing about who could go. It's why I joined UK CAB.
James Stewart
Reply #3 on: April 24 2018, 09:35 am

Mind you, I'm very connected into Waverley. ... yet they sent me no information either. Not great inclusion to be honest. Please COMMUNICATE with members in more ways than a website forum.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Post-BHIVA UK CAB Edinburgh meeting