Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Job vacancy: Part-time administrator for UK-CAB

Job vacancy: Part-time administrator for UK-CAB

Print
Pages: 1

Simon Collins
Global Moderator
Job vacancy: Part-time administrator for UK-CAB
Posted on: July 11 2018, 02:21 pm

Do you have an interest in improving community understanding of HIV treatment and in better access to treatment?

Do you have one day a week free for a flexible part time role to assist with helping to coordinate the UK-CAB?

Job description

Part-time UK-CAB Administrator

HIV i-Base

HIV i-Base is a treatment activist organisation, HIV positive led and committed to providing timely HIV treatment information for both positive people and health care professionals.

HIV i-Base has developed key resources that have established the organisation as a provider of treatment information both nationally and internationally.

UK-CAB

The UK Community Advisory Board (UK-CAB) provides a unique collective community voice and expertise beyond the individual. Doctors, researchers and policy makers now actively seek community views from the UK-CAB. UK-CAB provides a pool of knowledgeable HIV activists for consultation on treatment, service delivery and policy.  The full list of community representatives is here:
http://www.ukcab.net/community-representation/community-representatives/

The UK-CAB holds quarterly meetings with approximately 30 members attending each meeting. Two to three speakers are invited to present at each meeting and we have been fortunate enough to have support from world class British and international experts who provide their time and expertise for some of these training workshops. Some UK-CAB advocates also lead and present on some sessions at the meetings.

Membership continues to increase and by January 2018 included over 900 members from over 120 organisations.

The members’ confidential discussion forum enables members to discuss clinical trials, treatment guidelines and conference programmes. The forum also provides a link with advocates to discuss personal treatment issues and keep up to date with reports on the latest research.  As the majority of the members cannot attend meetings, the online forum consults and updates the wider membership, which generates on-going online forum discussions. The forum has over 7,000 posts and nearly 3,500 topics. There is a separate public announcements forum for non-confidential information available to the public.

Part-time UK-CAB Administrator

Hours:   8 hours per week/1 days a week/ 2 half days a week/ Tuesday or Thursday
Salary:   £21,000 per annum pro rata (£4,200pa for 1 day)
Start Date:   August 2018.

Job summary

HIV i-Base is recruiting for the post of part time UK-CAB administrator. This role will involve:
•   Responding to e-mails
•   Membership management – registering new members, queries and resetting passwords.
•   Website maintenance – loading up presentations/minutes after UK-CAB meetings and updating content.
•   Liaising with the steering group and following up on actions set during the steering group meetings.
•   Quarterly meetings  - managing logistics for the quarterly meetings and following up afterwards.
•   Flexibility to work on related projects

Experience with Word and Excel are essential as is an interest in HIV treatment.  Some experience of Filemaker and InDesign would be useful as would experience with basic website maintenance.

An excellent command of English is essential.  The successful candidate will have good language skills, be able to plan their own work but be flexible when required and be able to work with a diverse community of activists. This role at times will require working outside regular office hours.

HIV i-Base is an equal opportunities employer.

Applications from HIV positive people are encouraged.

For further information, please contact Suzanne Thompson at i-Base:
suzanne.thompson@i-base.org.uk

Applications will be open for about two weeks, with interviews planned for after AIDS 2018, probably the first week of August.
Simon Collins
Global Moderator
Re: Part-time administrator for UK-CAB - deadline Fri 7th September
Reply #1 on: August 28 2018, 09:44 am

This post is being readvertised with a new application deadline : Friday 7th September.

We are still looking to fill this part-time position:
http://www.ukcab.net/forum/index.php?topic=3949.0

This position is being re-advertised and might be ideal for someone with relevant experience looking for part-time work in London.

The previous information should have emphasised that the job involves being able to work at the i-Base office. Also, that it is currently only funded until next April, although we will be applying for other support to hopefully extend the post for longer.

For more information, please contact Suzanne Thompson:
suzanne.thompson@i-base.org.uk

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Job vacancy: Part-time administrator for UK-CAB