Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + The Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist

The Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist

Print
Pages: 1

Elias Phiri
The Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist
Posted on: December 6 2018, 12:38 pm

Sad to be sharing the news of the passing of Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist. He died yesterday, 5th November 2018, from Heart Attach. Many of you involved in HIV in the mid 1990s and early 2000s will remember him from Blackliners, ACIA, the Globe, and other HIV organisations. He also founded, an HIV organisation in the mid 2000s: P.E.A.C.E.WORLDWIDE. He was also a member of UKCAB and participated in EATG programmes such as TB Thematic Seminars in the early 2000s- when Wim was EATG Chairperson.   MHSRIP.

Form his posting- (Through Positive Eye Project) ‘if I did die before my time with my HIV diagnosis, at least there would be this album—beautiful pictures to remember me by’ https://throughpositiveeyes.org/london/darren?fbclid=IwAR0FdKc7jpq4D8jNkcr8He_kzZ86jWY9X4gCbHMfRo8tFuHyXzt7nQvmw2g

Donation, to send his body for burial in Zambia are welcome: https://www.gofundme.com/darren-ravenor-memorial-zambia?fbclid=IwAR1c-Svlar9tAdn618bwBh1j_9YSBD2VB7EVm2ci0CdRi1FZnYyvk9a7I5M

Posted with permission from the late Darren’s family (Esther, Zefara , Dean and others)
Jo Josh
Steering group
Re: The Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist
Reply #1 on: December 6 2018, 01:50 pm

Thank you for posting this sad news.
I knew Darren well as we were both Chairs of the activist group at Body and Soul, Active Souls in 2009/2010 and he was a very good friend to me in the early days following my diagnosis.
I am so sorry - he was a great family man, and P.E.A.C.E Worldwide was his own original international activism campaign. 
My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + The Darren Ravenor, a UK HIV Activist