Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Equipping and Inspiring Future NHS Leaders

Equipping and Inspiring Future NHS Leaders

Print
Pages: 1

kevinkelleher
Equipping and Inspiring Future NHS Leaders
Posted on: January 23 2010, 09:23 pm

RADAR and the APPOINTMENTS COMMISSION
Equipping and inspiring future leaders of the NHS

“This has been a great opportunity to give back to my local community.  I am passionate about equality and diversity and I enjoy having a leadership role and the chance to improve my NHS Trust’s performance in this critical area”  Non-Executive Director, East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Are you someone who likes taking initiative and longs to change the world around you?  Do you want to influence the way the NHS provides services in your area but not sure what’s possible?

RADAR and the Appointments Commission are running two seminars in early 2010 to support and equip people living with ill health, Injury or Disability (IID) to successfully apply for Non Executive Director roles with their local NHS services – this could be with your Primary Care Trust, your Ambulance Service Trust, your Acute or Foundation NHS Trust or Strategic Health Authority.
 ***  Click here to download an application pack with more information  ***

•    The seminars will accommodate up to 20 people living with IID who are serious about wanting to play a paid role at Board level with one of their local NHS Trusts.  There is no charge for attending.
•    Each seminar will run from 10:00 to 16:00 - in London on 11th February 2010 and Manchester on 1st March
•    Delegates will have opportunities to meet: 
o    senior colleagues in both the Appointments Commission and RADAR,
o    recruitment consultants, and
o    existing leaders of the NHS living with IID

Delegates should emerge with a good understanding of how a public appointment in the NHS works, what’s involved and what’s expected of public appointees as leaders.
After the event, the Appointments Commission will provide ongoing support for delegates who have the right sorts of skills and experience, and who want to pursue a public appointment.

Please do take some time to review the application pack and don’t hesitate to make contact with us - nisha.patel@radar.org.uk or mark.shrimpton@radar.org.uk - if you want to know more.  Meanwhile, we look forward to applications from your and from your colleagues.

http://www.radar.org.uk/radarwebsite/tabid/267/default.aspx

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Equipping and Inspiring Future NHS Leaders