Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010

AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010

Print
Pages: 1

kevinkelleher
AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010
Posted on: February 4 2010, 02:52 pm

Want to see who much your local authority spends on HIV within London.

http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/forums/aids-support-grant-freedom-information-request-period-20092010

Paul Clift
Re: AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010
Reply #1 on: February 4 2010, 03:05 pm

Thanks John, very impressive. Presumably people outside London would take a similar line of enquiry with their own local council/PCT?
john@tcell.org.uk
Re: AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010
Reply #2 on: February 4 2010, 06:17 pm

Thanks Paul. Its Kevins project and interesting in what has come out so far.  Yes it would be really great if others would ask the same of their local councils so we could build up a map.
kevinkelleher
Reply #3 on: February 10 2010, 09:05 am

It is with interest that about 20 London Councils have so far responded to our FOI request, the remaining councils have been chased, with just 1 (LB Merton) declined. I have asked them to reconsider.

I have also taken the step to advise, NAT, THT, GMFA, the London Mayor, the London Assembly Members, London Councils Health & Adult Executive members and a few more of the primary results and have asked for there consideration and involvement as the figures show some disparity and indifferences depending on were a person lives and the amount spent per person. Some local authroities only just spend that which is received under the ASG and other do more. A budget of some 3m is also available to councils from the Dept. of Health which can be used for housing projects.

I have also included the amounts awarded by London Councils and PCT award to the Pan London Group of about 2.6m.

kevinkelleher
Response received from Caroline Pidgeon - London AM
Reply #4 on: February 23 2010, 02:50 pm

Thank you for writing to the Liberal Democrat members of the London Assembly. I am responding on behalf of my colleagues Mike Tuffrey and Dee Doocey as I lead for the group on health issues.

I was very interested to read your analysis of FOI requests regarding the LGBT community and those living with HIV/AIDS and agree the figures show great cause for concern.

I have contacted the Chair of the London Assembly's Health and Public Services Committee, James Cleverly to ask whether the committee has considered this issue as part of their work programme at all. I will be in touch again when I receive his response.

With best wishes,

Caroline
kevinkelleher
Reply #5 on: March 23 2010, 04:34 pm

Forum topic now includes information about London deprivation http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/forums-keywords/benefits/social-care-rights-responsibilities-entitlements/aids-support-grant-asg/asg , the analysis shows London disparity which needs to be addressed, also see http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/forums/welfare-and-equality
kevinkelleher
Reply #6 on: April 9 2010, 04:06 pm

ASG analysis and other related information http://benefits.tcell.org.uk/forums-keywords/benefits/social-care-rights-responsibilities-entitlements/aids-support-grant-asg/asg
kevinkelleher
Reply #7 on: April 11 2010, 03:18 pm

TCell website is currently down whilst the hosting company servers are being changed and updated.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + AIDS Support Grant - Freedom of Information request for the period 2009/2010