Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + UNGASS (UN General Assembly Special Session) on AIDS 2010

UNGASS (UN General Assembly Special Session) on AIDS 2010

Print
Pages: 1

Paul Clift
UNGASS (UN General Assembly Special Session) on AIDS 2010
Posted on: March 15 2010, 11:17 am

Dear UK-CAB members

Memory Sachikonye has forwarded me this year's submission to the current UNGASS (UN General Assembly Special Session) on AIDS - please see attached. This is a regular (every two years) 'country review' in which UN member states are asked to inform UN of what they are doing re HIV/AIDS, prior to the Special Session itself later in the year. The review consists of two parts, one for Government and one for Civil Society. In the past, THT have been appointed by DH to represent Civil Society. Two years ago, and at very short notice, I pulled together an ad hoc group of PWHIV who worked with Lisa at THT - otherwise there would have been no PWHIV input at all! This year, UK-CAB have been included (for which we should thank Matt Williams). However, the process seems to be following past form in that THT have passed their submission on behalf of Civil Society to us somewhat late in the day for comment.

So we have been given a tight deadline of Wednesday 17th for comment. I should be grateful if you would look through the attached and send any comment/thoughts to me; I will then collate your responses which I will then forward on behalf of UK-CAB.

Many thanks
Paul.

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + UNGASS (UN General Assembly Special Session) on AIDS 2010