Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Recruitment of a community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Comt.

Recruitment of a community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Comt.

Print
Pages: 1

john@tcell.org.uk
Recruitment of a community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Comt.
Posted on: April 23 2010, 01:04 pm

From my email  - I attach the document mentioned. -

Dear colleague

Recruitment of a community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee on Friday 16 July in central London

Thank you very much for your interest in contributing to the development of the NICE guidance on increasing the uptake of HIV testing among men who have sex with men.

I am writing to you as a registered stakeholder for this guidance as we are looking for community experts to participate in the Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee (PHIAC) meeting on 16 July.

As we are restricted on the number of experts we can have at the meeting, we will be selecting the most appropriate person (based on whose experiences most closely match the information the committee is seeking) from short personal statements.

If you (or anyone you know) are interested in being a community expert for this guidance please send me a short personal statement (no more than one side of paper) explaining briefly your experience or knowledge of HIV testing and what you think you could contribute to the committee’s discussions.

We are looking for someone who has networks with men who have sex with men and:
Either as a man who has sex with men and has recent personal experience or knowledge of HIV testing services (within the last 2 years);
And/Or who works in the voluntary sector promoting HIV testing amongst men who have sex with men;
is able to contribute to a formal committee meeting.

The committee is particularly interested in hearing about:
·         what factors contribute to people testing late
·         what puts people off getting tested
·         men’s (including young men’s) experience of the testing process
·         if and how testing changes the person’s behaviour.

Recent knowledge or experience will help us ensure that up to date information is brought to the committee members.

Here is a link to our website for further information on this guidance.

Before writing your personal statement, please read the enclosed fact sheet on “The role of a community expert” which explains this work and how the meetings are run. If you would like to be considered for the role of community expert, please send me your short personal statement by 5pm on 28 May.

Thank you once again for your interest in this work and please don’t hesitate to call me if you have any queries. Feel free to circulate this email amongst your networks.

Best wishes
Alix

Alix Johnson
Project Manager - Public Health and Community Involvement
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
MidCity Place | 71 High Holborn | London WC1V 6NA | United Kingdom
Tel: 44 (0)20 7045 2059 | Fax: 44 (0)20 7061 9833
Web: http://nice.org.uk

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + Recruitment of a community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Comt.