Message boards index | Help | Search messages | Sign in

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + BME communities NICE Guidelines- Representative wanted

BME communities NICE Guidelines- Representative wanted

Print
Pages: 1

Elias Phiri
BME communities NICE Guidelines- Representative wanted
Posted on: May 5 2010, 04:09 pm

Just had a chat with Alix of NICE- there is no one from BME communities on this NICE Guidelines. It will be good to get a representative from  BME communities. Would love to be part of this group but I’m already involved in another NICE TB group. 

----------
Dear colleague

Recruitment of community expert for Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee on Friday 18 June in central London

I am writing to you as someone who might be interested in contributing to the development of the NICE guidance for increasing the uptake of HIV testing among black Africans. We are looking for a community expert to participate in the Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee (PHIAC) meeting on 18 June.

As we are restricted on the number of experts we can have at the meeting, we will be selecting the most appropriate person (based on whose experiences most closely match the information the committee is seeking) from short personal statements.

If you (or anyone you know) are interested in being a community expert for this guidance please send me a short personal statement (no more than one side of paper) explaining briefly your experience or knowledge of HIV testing from the black African community’s perspective and what you think you could contribute to the committee’s discussions.

We are looking for someone who is:
•   Either from the black African community themselves and has recent personal experience or knowledge of HIV testing services (within the last 2 years),
•   And/or from the black African community working in the voluntary sector to promote HIV testing.
•   able to contribute to a formal committee meeting.

The committee is particularly interested in hearing about:
•   what factors contribute to people testing late
•   what puts people off getting tested
•   people’s experience of the testing process
•   if and how testing changes the person’s behaviour.

Recent knowledge or experience will help us ensure that up to date information is brought to the committee members.

Here is a link to our website for further information on this guidance and the scope of the guidance can be found here.

Before writing your personal statement, please read the enclosed fact sheet on “The role of a community expert” which explains this work and how the meetings are run.

If you would like to be considered for the role of community expert, please send me your short personal statement by 9am on 10 May 2010. 

Thank you once again for your interest in this work and please don’t hesitate to call me if you have any queries. Feel free to circulate this email amongst your networks.

Best wishes
Alix

Alix Johnson
Project Manager - Public Health and Community Involvement
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
MidCity Place | 71 High Holborn | London WC1V 6NA | United Kingdom
Tel: 44 (0)20 7045 2059 | Fax: 44 (0)20 7061 9833
Web: http://nice.org.uk
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news from NICE

Print
Pages: 1

+ UKCAB + Public area + News, events, announcments + BME communities NICE Guidelines- Representative wanted